For business, offices and even personal uses, a printer is an essential add-on to your Mac or Windows computer. Having a printer is cool but having it without knowing how to maintain it makes cool becomes cold. Therefore, to keep your printer running, there are some printer maintenance tips you need to know.
From our research, we’ve discovered that preventive measures are way better than corrective measures. Therefore these tips for printer maintenance if followed judiciously will guaranty your printer a longer lifespan and proper functionality.
So here are our tips for printer maintenance.
1. Clean The Print Head
It is fundamental to clean your print head in any event once every month. Expel the cartridge and clean the head with warm water. Try not to utilize wet tissues or liquor to clean the print head. After cleaning, permit the print head to dry totally before fixing it back.
2. Clean the insides
You should likewise clean the inner parts of the printer routinely. Try not to hold up until the residue and grime from layers, keeping your printer from working productively. Use build-up free cloths that are marginally wet to wipe the residue away. While cleaning your printer, never apply a lot of power regardless of whether you experience obstinate corners of grime. Utilize delicate fibers and saturated Q-tips to evacuate the grime. Then again, you can likewise use compressed air to remove the residue that is amassed inside the printer. Attempt to abstain from utilizing a vacuum except if it is a pressure controlled vacuum that sucks the residue away tenderly.
3. Check under the hood
It isn’t sufficient to simply focus on the toner cartridge. You should lift the hood and check inside for any stuck or broken parts. Most printers have worked in diagnostics to show if there is any mileage. Focusing on these support lights at the perfect time and making a restorative move can avert further harm. It is judicious to supplant a little part instead of trust that the printer will conk off.
additionally, it is a smart thought to put resources into a support pack for your printer. It will help clean the printer fan and other powerless parts that are inclined to gathering residue and lingering ink. While purchasing extra parts for your printer, don’t settle on quality. Supplant destroyed parts with unique parts that match your printer’s model.
4. Choose the right refill
Refill cartridges are costly and you may be enticed to purchase shabby, nonexclusive cartridges from insect markets. Never bargain on the nature of your toner/ink cartridges. Deciding on marked, great quality cartridges merit each penny as it keeps up the working state of your printer.
Low-quality cartridges will affect the printer equipment. Inkjets of inadequate quality will likewise bring about poor printing. You may wind up having smeared or blurred printouts with these ease cartridges. Never dither to purchase the best-in-quality cartridges for your printer.
5. Be careful when you replace cartridges
Always take caution while supplanting your cartridges. All things considered, you will supplant cartridges routinely so you should follow the guidelines cautiously and ace the craft of supplanting cartridges. Be mindful so as not to contact the base of the cartridge while supplanting it, as contacting can ruin the nature of the print. Ensure you purchase fantastic cartridges that are not all that sensitive to deal with.
6. Replace cartridges before they dry up
Try not to hold up till your cartridges run dry totally. Printer software gives warnings when cartridge levels fall beneath typical. Take the sign and supplant your cartridge before they come up short on ink. A dry cartridge prompts undesirable mileage on your printer head.
7. Turn it off
Switch off your printer if you are not going to utilize it for a long time. Printers create a ton of warmth while they are on. The print header can evaporate the cartridge while on and this can, thus, stop up the header. A printer that is constantly on and not being used can likewise make mileage on different parts of the printer. Subsequently, it is ideal to turn it off when not being used.
8. Download the latest drivers
One of the most significant perspectives that numerous clients overlook is updating to the most recent drivers. Staying modern by introducing the most recent drivers from the producers will help keep your printer in extraordinary working condition. A portion of these printers additionally shows when another driver is accessible at the maker’s site. Try not to disregard such notices. Many hardware malfunctions with printers have been followed back to obsolete drivers. Be shrewd and check your producer’s site for updates consistently.
9. Keep your printer manual safe
Your printer manuals will come helpful when you experience any glitches along these lines, keep them safe and in a rack that is open. It would be very helpful to allude to your manual when one of the upkeep lights spring up and you do not understand why the light is on. In the event that, you have lost your manuals, you can check the online help offered by your makers. Most producers have a thorough rundown of usually experienced issues alongside likely arrangements.
10. Use your printer regularly
To wrap things up, it is important to utilize your printer routinely. Nothing can prevent your cartridge from evaporating when you don’t utilize your printer normally. Subsequently, regardless of whether you don’t have ordinary work to print, it would, in any case, be a smart thought to print a page or two sometimes to keep your printer healthy.
How often should I clean my printer?
What are the do’s and don’ts of a printer?
- Don’t print personal stuff. You should avoid not to print documents of things that are not work-related.
- Never scan your body parts.
- Do not kick the printer.
- Don’t play around with the printer if you don’t know what you are doing.
- Do not update the printer drivers except you are permitted to
- Keep spare toner or ink cartridges.
- Find the cheapest supplier.
- Use compatible cartridges
- If something goes wrong with the printer, report to the appropriate department
How do you use a printer safely?
- Be sure to follow all warnings and instructions marked on the printer.
- Use only the power cord, AC adapter, and USB cable that comes with the printer.
- Always use the type of power source indicated on the AC adapter’s label.
- Place the printer near a wall outlet where the plug can be easily unplugged.
- Avoid plugging the printer into an outlet on the same circuit as a photocopier or air control system that regularly switches on and off, or on an outlet controlled by a wall switch or timer.
- Avoid letting the power cord become damaged or frayed.
- If you use an extension cord with the printer, make sure the total ampere rating of the devices plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the cord’s ampere rating. In addition, make sure the total ampere rating of all devices plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the wall outlet’s ampere rating.
- Always turn off the printer using the power button, and wait until the power light stops flashing before unplugging the printer or cutting off power to the electrical outlet.
- Place the printer on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond its base in all directions. It will not operate properly if it is tilted or at an angle.
- Leave enough space in front of the printer for the paper to be fully ejected.
- Avoid locations that are subject to rapid changes in heat or humidity, shocks or vibrations, or dust.
- Do not place the printer near a radiator or heating vent or in direct sunlight.
- Leave enough room around the printer for sufficient ventilation. Avoid blocking or covering openings in the case or insert objects through the slots.
- Keep the printer away from potential sources of electromagnetic interference, such as loudspeakers or the base units of cordless telephones.
- Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Avoid moving the print head by hand; this may damage the printer.
- Keep liquid far from the printer or AC adapter and do not handle the printer or AC adapter with wet hands.
- Do not insert objects into the slots in the printer.
- Never use aerosol products that contain flammable gases inside or around the printer. Doing so may cause a fire.
- Except as specifically explained in your documentation, do not attempt to service the printer yourself.
- Unplug the printer and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions: if the power cord or plug is damaged; if the liquid has entered the product; when the product has been dropped or the case damaged; and the product does not operate normally or exhibits a distinct change in performance. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions.
- If damage occurs to the plug, change the cord set or consult a qualified electrician. If there are fuses in the plug, make sure you replace them with fuses of the correct size and rating.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Taking out the cartridges can dehydrate the print head and may prevent the printer from printing.
- Before transporting the printer, make sure that the print head is in the home position and the ink cartridges are in place.
- Finally, if the printer includes a built-in battery, when disposing of the printer, make sure to follow local battery disposal rules and regulations.