Are you worried about your internet speed? or perhaps you think you’re not getting the right speed from your internet providers (ISP). Well if that’s the case, we’ll show you how to test your internet speed so you can verify where the issue is coming from.
Apart from that, other reasons to test your internet speed is when you need to utilize certain streaming services like Netflix, HBO or HULU. These streaming services require a certain level of internet speed to function properly. For example, Netflix requires a constant 5mbps to stream HD videos. Therefore, if your Netflix isnt working, you might want to test your internet speed first before carrying out any other form of troubleshooting.
The following are the 3 most normal situations for testing web speed, every one of which requires an alternate method for testing web speed:
- You presume that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or wireless supplier isn’t giving you the transmission capacity you’re paying for, either intentionally or on the grounds that something isn’t right.
- You’re exceptionally upbeat (or extremely sad) with the condition of your internet speed and you need to educate the world regarding it!
- You need to check the web speed between your gadget and service you’re paying for, like Netflix, HBO GO, and so on.
Simply look down until you discover the segment that you’re after. Picking the correct method to test your internet speed is the first, and least demanding, advance to ensure the outcomes are as precise as could be expected under the circumstances.
How to Test Your Internet Speed When You’re Sure It’s Too Slow
Are most website pages taking perpetually to open? Are those cat recordings buffering so much that you can’t appreciate them? Assuming this is the case, particularly in the event that this is new conduct, at that point, it’s unquestionably time to check your web speed.
Here are the means by which to test your web speed when you speculate that your fiber, cable, or DSL provider isn’t furnishing you with the transmission capacity you’re paying for. This is likewise the technique to take with your portable PC too when you think your wireless or hotspot internet association is slower than it ought to be:
- Find your ISP’s official internet speed test page. or visit any site that runs internet speed test like fast.com.
- Close some other applications, windows, programs, and so on that may utilize your web association. In case you’re at home, where different gadgets may utilize a similar association, detach those or turn those off before starting the test.
- Adhere to whatever directions you’re given on-screen to test your internet speed.
- Various ISPs utilize Flash-based web speed tests despite the fact that most gadgets, and an ever-increasing number of programs, don’t support Flash. Pick a non-ISP-facilitated test on the off chance that you need to yet realize that your web access supplier probably won’t give as much credit to those outcomes.
- Log the consequences of the speed test. Most web speed tests let you save a picture of the outcomes and some give a URL you can duplicate to arrive at the outcomes page again later, but if not, simply take a screenshot. Name the screen capture with the date and time you stepped through the examination so it’s anything but difficult to recognize later.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 a few times, testing with a similar PC or gadget each time, utilizing a similar internet speed test.
For the best outcomes, if time permits you, test your internet speed once in the first part of the day, once toward the evening, and once at night, through the span of a few days.
On the off chance that you find that your web speed is reliably more slow than you’re paying for, it’s an ideal opportunity to take this information to your network access supplier and request administration to improve your association.
The data transfer capacity varies a great deal at various times each day, some of the time meeting or surpassing what you’re paying for may have more to do with transmission capacity throttling or limit issues with your ISP than a genuine issue. In any case, it may be an ideal opportunity to arrange the cost of your rapid arrangement or get a markdown on an overhaul.
How to Test Your Internet Speed for Fun
Are you curious about your internet speed? Provided that this is true, an internet speed test website or cell phone application is an incredible decision. These devices are anything but difficult to utilize and comprehend and are incredible for gloating to your friends about that new super-quick association you simply signed up for.
Here’s the manner by which to test your internet speed when you have no particular concern or objective, other than a touch of bragging or possibly compassion:
- Pick a testing website from our List of Internet Speed Test Sites. Anyone will do, even the ISP-facilitated ones in the event that you’d preferably utilize one of those.
SpeedOf.Me is prominent speed test site, doesn’t require Flash, gives you a chance to share your outcomes on informal organizations, and is most likely progressively precise, by and large, than increasingly famous tests like Speedtest.net.
- Adhere to whatever directions you’re given on-screen to test your internet speed. Most broadband testing administrations, like both SpeedOf.Me and Speedtest.net, test both your transfer and download data transmission with a solitary click.
- When the test is finished, you’ll be given some sort of test outcome and some technique for sharing, generally via Facebook, Twitter, email, and so on. You can in many cases save these picture results to your own PC which you can use to monitor your web speed after some time. Some testing sites save your past outcomes for you naturally on their servers, as well.
Testing your internet speed and sharing the outcomes is particularly fun subsequent to updating. Be the jealousy of your loved ones wherever with your 1,245 Mbps downloads speed you’re jumping on your new fiber association!
How to Test Your Internet Speed for a Specific Service
Curious if Netflix will work extraordinary at your home or why it’s abruptly not? Thinking about whether your web association will support streaming your preferred new appears on HBO GO, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video?
With such huge numbers of streaming service, and each on a wide assortment of gadgets, which are all being always updated, it’d be difficult to give you basic speed test how-to that spreads everything.
So, there is a great deal we can discuss it, some of which is quite certain to the different mainstream streaming film and video streaming out there.
An essential web speed test is a decent spot to start. Even however it’s not a true test between your associated TV (or tablet, or Roku, or PC, and so forth.) and the Netflix or Hulu (or any place) servers, any of the better web speed test locales should give you a nice thought of what’s in store.
Check the gadget you’re utilizing for work in connection test. Most smart TVs and other devoted streaming gadgets incorporate implicit internet speed tests. These tests, normally situated in the Network or Wireless menu zones, will be the most precise approach to make sense of how much data transfer capacity is accessible for their applications.
Here are some progressively explicit web speed testing and investigating guidance for a portion of the more famous streaming service:
- Netflix: Check out the Netflix ISP Speed Index report to perceive what’s in store speed-wise, by and large, from the different web access suppliers around the globe or Fast.com to test your Netflix speed at this moment. Netflix’s Internet Connection Speed Recommendations page proposes 5 Mbps for HD (1080p) streaming and 25 Mbps for 4K (2160p) spilling. In case you’re experiencing difficulty, it is conceivable to set the data transfer capacity Netflix utilizes in your record settings.
- Apple TV: While there’s no worked-in web speed test accessible on Apple TV devices, Apple offers extensive Apple playback execution troubleshooting via their assistance page. Apple suggests 8 Mbps for 1080p substance and 2.5 Mbps for standard definition stuff.
- Hulu: The General Troubleshooting Guide for Hulu Supported Devices should help illuminate why you may have a moderate Hulu association. Hulu recommends 16 Mbps for 4K Ultra streaming, 3 Mbps for HD, and 1.5 Mbps for SD.
- Amazon Prime Video: See the Video Issues page on Amazon’s site for assistance that is explicit to your gadgets, similar to your PC, Amazon-marked tablets and gadgets, and other spilling equipment. Amazon prescribes at any rate 5 Mbps for issue free HD streaming and 3 Mbps for SD.
- HBO GO: The HBO GO Device Troubleshooting page should enable you to clear up any serious issues. HBO proposes you test your internet speed with an external speed test to ensure you’re getting the minimum download data transfer capacity of 5 Mbps they suggest for a buffer-free spilling background.